Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dreaming of Languedoc

Well, it's been almost 5 months since we were in France. I already have my heart being tugged back there. I still love to look at real estate listings and dream of living there.

I've even had a friend and her husband who might like me to plan and accompany them on a trip to Paris in a couple of years.

At the very least though, Megan is eager for our trip together during the summer of 2012. Like her sister, I will take her for 2 weeks. Although staying with my aunt saves a lot of money, it is surely a long trip into the city and the experience is quite different.

On one hand, there's nothing like being with family and being in a beautiful house. It is a house that has acted so many times like an oasis in my chaotic childhood and early adult life. I was set free here, even if for just a summer at a time, to explore and spill my milk.

On the other hand, there is a great advantage to just falling out of bed and being IN PARIS. It also allows a much easier way for me to rest during the day but not have to leave. Having a nap has become almost obligitory for me now.

But during the cold, wet, gloomy days of November, it is the light of the Languedoc that I miss. The vines, markets, shopkeepers, the restaurants and the sea!

Some day!!!

No comments: