Saturday, June 29, 2013

Favorite Movies About Paris - Part One

FRANTIC  1988 with Harrison Ford and Emmanuelle Seigner
Admittedly, this movie only gets mediocre ratings. But I love the interaction between the two main characters and that it shows a lot of Paris, including the gritty side. Paris seems more polished now than it was back in the mid '80s.

It also holds some definite fascination because it must have been filmed when I lived there. How did I miss running into Harrison Ford??? As I look at some facts from IMDb.com, I see it was filmed in areas of Paris I never went. Darn it!

THE DA VINCI CODE (Widescreen Two-Disc Special Edition) 2006 with Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou

Lots of people know this movie. Although only the beginning and end of the movie are actually in Paris, it does show some beautiful scenes in some of the most well known, glamorous areas of the city.


LA FEMME NIKITA (Special Edition)  1990 with Anne Parillaud and Jean-Hugues Anglade

This is one of my absolute favorite movies ever. Besides being filmed in Paris, it's just a great story. I'm not sure the movie got a lot of publicity in the U.S. but it of course spawned an American version Point of No Return (of offense to Bridget Fonda, but after seeing the original, I hated this movie) and a TV series that I've never seen but made it 5 seasons.

This was the first time I ever saw Jean Reno, whom I love. His role wasn't big and was pretty gruesome, but I still think of him as "Victor - nettoyer (the cleaner)". I also love Tcheky Karyo whom you may know from Addicted to Love and GoldenEye.

THE NINTH GATE 1999 with Johnny Depp, Frank Langella, and Emmanuelle

Seigner (see Frantic) I love this movie because, well, Johnny Depp and Emmanuelle Seigner are in it. It begins in NY, but moves to Paris and then to the countryside. The story is fascinating.


If you are planning a trip to Paris, or would like to, visit Paris Made Simple.

No comments: